First Beers of the New Year - 2023!!!

 So, welcome back to my yearly beer blog, where I list, and rate, my beer consumption for the year.  Last year went haywire with regard to my updating the blog, as I saw I only did my first introductory post, so I am going to make sure I last a lot longer this year - hopefully going through the end of the year!!!  Yesterday was NFL Sunday on January 1, so definitely beer consumption, but once I found the bar had one specific beer on tap, I stayed with it.  So, only two entries!

1.  Beach, Boat Repeat - Blonde Ale - Civil Society Brewing - Jupiter, FL  4.9% ABV - No IBU

A nice, easy drinking blonde.  Not a ton of flavor, at least not today, but I am not sure how long the cans have been sitting in this particular bar - as they were also still serving Leininkugel's Summar Shandy.  I have had this before from the tap at the brewery itself, and liked it a lot more than yesterday.  For now, a C-.  But, in any case I am just happy to be starting off local.



2.  Toasted Lager - Lager - Blue Point Brewing - Patchogue, NY - 5.5% ABV - 28 IBUs

This beer is phenomenal.  It tastes like a bit of toasted almond placed on top of a fresh salad; it just adds that little extra zest to something that was already refreshing.  As I said, I found this on tap, and just kept drinking it as I was watching football.  It is always delicious, and I will never turn one down.

RANKINGS

Ales

1.  Beach, Boat, Repeat - Blonde Ale - Civil Society Brewing - Jupiter, FL

Ambers/Reds

Belgian Ales

Belgian Dubbels

Belgian Quads

Belgian Strong Ales

Belgian Tripels

Browns

Bocks

Dunkels

IPAs

Double/Triple IPAs

New England/Hazy IPAsPale Ales

Kellerbier

Kolsches

Lagers

1.  Toasted Lager - Lager - Blue Point Brewing - Patchogue, NY
Pilsners

Porters

Saisons

Sessions

Sours

Specialty

Stouts

Wheats/Hefeweizens

Whites/Wits

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 3 - January 6

COASTAL KARMA BREWING - BREWERY NUMBER 1

STORMHOUSE BREWERY - BREWERY NUMBER 2